Your California Privacy Disclosures »
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information Bambo Nature USA may collect and how we may use it:
What personal information we collect
- When you create an Bambo Nature USA account, apply for commercial credit, purchase a product, download our digital contents, register for our newsletter, connect to our services, contact us or participate in an online survey, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information and credit card information.
- When you share your content with family and friends using Abena North America Inc. products, send gift certificates and products, or invite others to participate in Bambo Nature USA services or forums, Bambo Nature USA may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. Abena North America Inc. will use such information to fulfill your requests, provide the relevant product or service, or for anti-fraud purposes.
- In certain jurisdictions, we may ask for a government issued ID in limited circumstances for the purpose of extending commercial credit, managing accounts, or as required by law.
How we use your personal information
- The personal information we collect allows us to keep you posted on Bambo Nature USA's latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- We also use personal information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes. We may also use your personal information for account and network security purposes, in order to protect our services for the benefit of all our users. Where we use your information for anti-fraud purposes it arises from the conduct of an online transaction with us. We limit our uses of data for anti-fraud purposes to those which are strictly necessary and within our assessed legitimate interests to protect our customers and our services. For certain online transactions we may also validate the information provided by you with publicly accessible sources.
- We may use your personal information, including date of birth, to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate services. For example, we may use date of birth to determine the age of Bambo Nature USA account holders.
- From time to time, we may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with Bambo Nature USA, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- We may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve Bambo Nature USA’s products, services, and customer communications.
- If you enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
Sources of your personal information where they are not collected from you
We may have received your personal information from other persons if that person has shared their content with you using Bambo Nature USA products, sent gift cards and products, or invited you to participate in Bambo Nature USA services or forums. We may also validate the information provided by you when creating an Bambo Nature USA ID with a third party for security and fraud prevention purposes.
For research and development purposes, we may use datasets such as those that contain images, voices or other data that could be associated with an identifiable person. When acquiring such datasets, we do so in accordance with applicable law in the jurisdiction in which the dataset is hosted. When using such datasets for research and development, we do not attempt to re-identify individuals who may appear therein.
COLLECTION AND USE OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where an Bambo Nature USA product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- We may collect and store details of how you use our services, including search queries. This information may be used to improve the relevancy of results provided by our services. Except in limited instances to ensure quality of our services over the Internet, such information will not be associated with your IP address.
- With your explicit consent, we may collect data about how you use your device and applications in order to help our developers improve our systems.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
Ads that are delivered by Abena North America’s advertising platform may appear in Bambo Nature USA News.
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the privacy pane to manage your preferences. On your Apple mobile device, go to Settings, then Safari, scroll down to the Privacy & Security section, and tap on “Block Cookies” to manage your preferences. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the Bambo Nature USA website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most internet services, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit websites and applications, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, to improve our product and services, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. Bambo Nature USA may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Bambo Nature USA website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
At times Bambo Nature USA may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Abena North America to provide products and services, or that help Bambo Nature USA market to customers. Personal information will only be shared by Abena North America Inc. to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
Abena North America Inc. shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Abena North America operates.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Abena North America to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Abena North America takes the security of your personal information very seriously. Abena North America online services such as the Bambo Nature USA Online Store and Bambo Nature USA protect your personal information during transit using encryption such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored by AbenUSA, we use computer systems with limited access housed in facilities using physical security measures.
When you use some Bambo Nature USA products, services, or applications or post on an Bambo Nature USA forum, chat room, or social networking service, the personal information and content you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to share or submit in these instances. For example, if you list your name and email address in a forum posting, that information is public. Please take care when using these features.
THE EXISTENCE OF AUTOMATED DECISION-MAKING, INCLUDING PROFILING
Bambo Nature USA does not take any decisions involving the use of algorithms or profiling that significantly affects you.
INTEGRITY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can help ensure that your contact information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by signing in to your Bambo Nature USA account page. For other personal information we hold, we will provide you with access (including a copy) for any purpose including to request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if Bambo Nature USA is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are frivolous/vexatious, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. We may also decline aspects of deletion or access requests if we believe doing so would undermine our legitimate use of data for anti-fraud and security purposes as described earlier.
To provide location-based services on Bambo Nature USA products, Abena North America and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your computer or device. Where available, location-based services may use GPS, Bluetooth, and your IP Address, along with crowd-sourced Wi-Fi hotspot and cell tower locations, and other technologies to determine your devices’ approximate location. Unless you provide consent, this location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Bambo Nature USA and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, your device may share its geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Some location-based services offered by Bambo Nature USA, require your personal information for the feature to work.
THIRD-PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Abena North America Inc. websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties.
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
OUR COMPANY-WIDE COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to Abena North America Inc. employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.
Abena North America Inc. 2954 Norman Strasse Road, San Marcos, CA 92069 USA.
As a customer on Bambo Nature USA.com, you have the right to request access to the data we have collected from you. You have the right to request information about what we are doing with your data, you have the right to confirm that we do not sell your data, and you have the right to request that we delete all of your personal data you have submitted to us to date. Should you choose to delete your data, this will terminate your account with Bambo Nature USA and therefore remove you from our system as a customer and suspend all notifications and services from us until otherwise specified. If you have any questions, or would like to take action on any of the options above, please contact us at:
Abena North America Inc.
2954 Norman Strasse Road
San Marcos, CA 92069
DO NOT TRACK
Bambo Nature USA does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, most browsers allow you to set your DNT signal so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked. If you would like to learn how to set your browser so that websites do not track you, please visit your browser's support page for more information.
Third parties that have content embedded on Bambo Nature USA’s websites such as a social feature or a stock ticker may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Abena North America website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from Abena North America’s websites unless you provide it to them directly.
NOTICE FOR MINORS
Bambo Nature USA offers interactive services which allow you to post content to share publicly or with friends. At any time you can delete or remove content you have posted using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove content in a specific service, or if you would like additional assistance with deletion, you can contact our Bambo Nature USA support team directly here. Although we offer deletion capability for our services, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.